Wednesday 2 December 2015

Christmas Date Ideas

Around this time of year, I use a couple of days holidays from work to enjoy a couple of days of festivities, and battling crowds for Christmas shopping. This year I have done exactly that but my fiance has also take some days off work so we get to spend them together. We have decided to have a couple of Christmas themed date days and I thought that it would be nice to share some of the ideas with you...



1: Ice Skating
I know that some people might think of this as cheesy or obvious but hear me out. If you are someone who has weekdays off, or has taken a couple of days off then an Ice Rink is the perfect place to go midweek. It is so quiet and peaceful rather than on a weekend and evening when it is usually so busy! You often get a better deal through the day too which is always a bonus! 

2: Christmas Cinema
Throughout the month of December, some cinemas often run classic Christmas films. We have done this quite a few years in a row now and it's always nice to get us into the festive spirit. This week, we went to see Miracle on 34th Street, which is a firm favourite of mine, and brings back memories of watching it as a child. Make sure to check with your local Cinema to see what they are showing.

3: Christmas Markets
Who doesn't love going to the Christmas markets? We always like to go and have a wander round whilst feasting on the goodies there and having a festive drink. I definitely recommend a Cherry and Amaretto Punch if you can get it. Again, try and avoid peak times as it does get very busy.

4: Tobogganing 
Surprisingly, there are quite a few toboggan tracks or slopes all around the country. This is so good for a fun date or family day out and something completely out of the ordinary. I have done it quite a few times in different places and have found that I much prefer the slopes as they really add to the authentic winter experience with the snow. Remember to wrap up warm! The best one I have been to is at Xscape Castleford.

5: Winter Forest Walks
Something that is becoming more and more popular is a Winter Forest. Many places now will have somewhere that has a magically transformed forest that looks just like a winter wonderland. I have been to some a few times and think they are absolutely amazing, and very romantic. One of my favourites is Stockeld Park.


What is your favourite Christmas Date?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thankyou for commenting beauty :)

I love to reply to all of the comments you leave, and I love reading them x