Sunday 16 August 2015

Lifestyle | Splendid Kitchen Manchester

On Wednesday I turned 23, and as always for each of our birthdays every year, we always try and go eat at either a favourite or new place. 
This year, I really fancied trying somewhere we hadn't been before and I had heard nothing but amazing things about Splendid Kitchen, so it was an easy decision to go there. 

Based right in the City Centre, on John Dalton Street, it really is easy to get to and let me tell you I am rubbish with directions and I found it perfectly fine. The restaurant itself is small and cosy, with an almost pop-up shop feel to it, which we both loved. There are booths which are nestled neatly into the far side, and the rest of the restaurant is filled up with old tables all of which have different chairs around them, which only added to the homely feel of the place. 



I had already looked at the menu beforehand online so I was pretty sure that I knew what I was going to have but I gave the menu a look anyway. It is filled with what I would describe as American Home Comforts with Buttermilk Fried Chicken, Burgers and Hot Dogs to name just a few. I decided to go for the Fried Chicken and Waffles, with a proper Cherry Cola Cocktail. 
The portion sizes are humongous. They are simply huge and I didn't think that would be able to manage it all but it was so good, that I was willing to put myself into a food coma to finish it all. The Waffles were perfectly fluffy yet crispy at the same time and the chicken was cooked to absolute perfection. It was so juicy and tender in the middle but with the most delicious crispy coating, and just the right blend of spices. All of this was topped with candied bacon which complemented it all so well, and the cutest little jar of maple syrup to pour over the top. Oh and the pizza fries. Just heaven.

Everything was just so amazing about Splendid Kitchen, we will definitely be returning. The service was great as the staff weren't too pushy but attentive and they were so quick with everything. I would definitely say that it is a must visit! The menu has something for everyone and on different days there are different deals, such as Wicked Wednesday or their lunch menu! If you're out and about in Manchester, you should definitely try here!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thankyou for commenting beauty :)

I love to reply to all of the comments you leave, and I love reading them x