Monday 8 June 2015

The Wedding Series #6: Planning Tools

For a stationery fiend like myself, planning a wedding is an absolute dream. I'm always found in either the makeup or stationery aisle, and I love perusing the shelves of Paperchase as much as I do the beauty shelves in Boots. Once we started getting ideas and plans together for our big day, I realised that this was the perfect opportunity to get myself some planning tools and kick it up a gear. There are so many different things that I've found useful, and thought it would be nice to put them together on one blog post for other Brides and Grooms to be.



Pinterest Boards:
This little gem is by far my favourite thing ever, not just for wedding planning. However, if you are planning a wedding it might just be a life saver. Creating a wedding board on there has been a great way to put ideas from hundreds of different places and help us to understand more of what we actually want for our wedding. It has also been great for discovering ideas that would otherwise have never thought of. You can find my wedding ideas board here. 

Wedding Magazines:
I can't even begin to tell you the excitement I felt when I went and bought my first Bridal Magazine. It really is a lovely feeling flicking through the pages and thinking of your own day. I have found these really useful when planning our wedding because there will be such a wide variety of items in there. My favourite is when they include 'real' weddings in the issue as it gives a more realistic view of weddings. One thing that I enjoy doing is taking clippings or keeping pages of something that I really like, or want to show to a supplier as sometimes it's much easier to show a picture of what you want, rather than trying to explain. Hands down my favourite wedding magazine is Perfect Wedding.

Wedding Planner/Diary:
This is fairly new to me as I only got one a few weeks ago, but it certainly has been a god send. Imagine a filofax but solely wedding related. It's been a great little tool to keep track of costs, names, and contact details of suppliers, along with a check list of things still to do. This little beauty has not left my side since getting it and I just know how much I'm going to be relying on this as the day gets closer. It also makes a lovely little keepsake to look back on. 

These have been my favourite helpers when planning our wedding. I'm always on the look out for more tips and tricks on planning, so if you have any ideas I would love to see them. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thankyou for commenting beauty :)

I love to reply to all of the comments you leave, and I love reading them x