Sunday 10 May 2015

Boots Botanics All Bright Radiance Balm

Well, that title was a bit of a mouthful wasn't it? Anyone who knows me, will be able to tell you that I am constantly moaning about how my oily skin always looks flat because of the amount of mattifying products I have to use. So, with that in mind, I'm always on the look out for something that will give my skin the glow that I crave.

When I heard about the new drugstore/highstreet dupe of MACs Strobe Cream I was intrigued. Off I trotted to Boots and left happily with new purchase. I had seen so many people praise this and I couldn't wait to get home and try it.



First things first, the packaging is ok. Not great but ok. I  opened this a few hours after getting home and a whole load oozed out of the nozzle, not a great start. I assumed this was because I had it stood up on my dresser, so I now lay it down and don't have this problem. The tube is clear so you know exactly when you're running out, which is something I welcome. Does anyone else find it irritating when you go to use and product and find that you cant get another drop out of the tube?
The texture of this was much different to what I was expecting. Due to the name I was expecting a balm like texture but this is actually a very thin in consistency, and light cream. It does apply like a dream and doesn't just sit on the skin either which I like.

I had read that this could be used in a number of ways, which pleased me because I'm sure you all know by now that I am a big fan of multi-use products. I first tried it mixed with my daily moisturiser but this created far too much product for my face that I was rubbing it in for ages. I applied this after my moisturiser and primer, which gave my skin a lovely glow and created a soft base for my foundation to go on top of. Finally, I tried mixing this with my regular foundation but much like with the moisturiser, it created far too much product to work with and thinned down my foundation which gave me less coverage. 

Overall, I think this is a nice product to have if you are a big fan of glow getting products, but I wouldn't rush out to repurchase when I've run out. 
Have you tried this? What is your favourite glow getter?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thankyou for commenting beauty :)

I love to reply to all of the comments you leave, and I love reading them x