Monday 9 February 2015

Reds True BBQ | Manchester

A few years ago, I was 19 years old and preparing to move over the Pennines from Leeds to Manchester, and a couple of weeks before I moved, I found out about Reds True BBQ opening their first restaurant in the city centre. I was absolutely determined to go, and knew that I would be going on at least one trip back to Leeds. Fast forward around 2 years and I was so excited to find out that one was opening in Manchester, my new home and I knew that I would have to go!

Me and Olly had a rare saturday together, as I normally work most weekends, so we decided that we would go on a little date to Reds. Let me tell you that we were not disappointed in the slightest. It was incredible. Upon arriving at the restaurant in Albert Square, you are greeted with the sweet and smokey smell of a typical BBQ pit. This smell should be made available to purchase because it something that I could have lingering all day. We were only a table of two and it was an hour and a half wait, which we were more than willing to do. The best thing is that you don't have to stay in the restaurant to wait for your table, you simply give a name and contact telephone number, and if they hav something sooner, they will give you a call. We just nipped into the bar next door for some cheeky cocktails, that way we weren't too far away. The decor of the inside is pretty amazing. If you try and imagine a church and a BBQ moulded into one genius building, then you would have Reds True BBQ. The menu is put together in such a way that I just did not know what to have. Everything just looks so delicious even on paper, so you can only imagine what it is like in reality.

waffles reds bbq leeds manchester nottingham burger chicken cheese sweet potato jalepenos sleepy james juicy lucifer retrolove
The Sleepy James

waffles reds bbq leeds manchester nottingham burger chicken cheese sweet potato jalepenos sleepy james juicy lucifer retrolove
The Juicy Lucifer (Minus the huge onion rings as Olly couldn't wait)

I eventually settled on the Sleep James. I couldn't work out and still don't know whether to describe this as a burger or a sandwhich, but whatever you choose to call it, it is still amazing. It consists of two sweet waffles in place of bread/bun, peppered bacon, burger cheese, slaw and a juicy fried chicken breast. The contrast between sweet and spicy was incredible and I couldn't stop eating it, even when I was so full I made sure to finish it because it was just so good. I picked a side of sweet potato fries as these are my obsession. They were perfectly crispy and complimented the Sleepy James to a tee. Olly picked the Juicy Lucifer burger which was right up his street. A brioche bun with all the trimmings, peppered bacon and a thick meaty burger with a twist. Inside the meat was a jalapeno cheese which oozed out like molten lava. His sides were skin on fries which were the perfect mix of crispy and fluffy, and the biggest onion ring that you have ever seen. Seriously, I'm surprised that they don't require planning permission they're that big. Unfortunately, we didn't have room for dessert, but I'm already eyeing up the cheesecake for next time. 
The price was not to be grumbled at, with it costing just £31 for the two of us. We have spent more than that when we go to Nandos, and this was much better quality and more filling. Well worth the money.

If you're ever in Leeds, Manchester or Nottingham then make sure that you make a trip to Reds because I can guarantee that you will not regret it! You can find out more about them on their website here.

Have you been before? What is your favourite dish?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thankyou for commenting beauty :)

I love to reply to all of the comments you leave, and I love reading them x