Saturday 17 January 2015

H&M Smoky Blues Palette

A couple of days ago, I shared a pretty little purple palette from H&M. On the same trip I purchased this along with it. I've been wanting to experiment with colour a little more, and although I'm definitely not short of eyeshadow palettes, I couldn't resist this.


Consisting of five eyeshadows, four blues and one very random orangey colour, I imagined that this would create a wonderfully sultry eye. During this time of year, I like to wear slightly darker eyeshadows and this seemed perfect for that. Again, just like the purples palette the packaging is fine for the price. A sturdy plastic outer with five good size pans, it's the perfect size for travel. 


Onto the eyeshadows themselves, and really I don't have much to say about them because they were quite disappointing. There is only one shade, the middle one, that was pigmented enough to use regularly. I tried to apply the rest with a damp brush but they just sort of clumped together and didn't go on very smoothly at all. They aren't unusable, but they are very difficult to work with. The shades that I've been using are the middle and the last shade, they are great for adding to the outer corner, or using as a liner. 


Overall, all is not lost with this shadow palette, but it is by no means the worst one I have ever tried. I have one more of these palettes to share with you, which has actually been a surprising favourite of mine. Have you tried anything from the makeup range at H&M?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thankyou for commenting beauty :)

I love to reply to all of the comments you leave, and I love reading them x