Sunday 20 July 2014

Summer Wedding Guest Makeup

I'm sure that many of us will have been to a wedding at some point. I have fond memories of being a bridesmaid at numerous family and friends, and the excitement building up to it is pretty intense. As a bride to be myself, I love nothing more than wedding talk. Seriously, anything wedding related and I will be first to bring it up in conversation. Anyway, I thought it might be nice to share with you the items that would make it into my makeup bag as a wedding guest. With a couple of my friends getting married, I've put a little bit of thought into the makeup that I will be wearing as a summer wedding guest. 

Summer Wedding Guest Makeup mac loreal rimmel stila blush foundation blog retrolove


As it is summer time and we have been having beautifully warm weather, I wanted something that would lighter on my skin without sacrificing any coverage. I had to make a decision between L'Oreal Lumi Magique or Rimmel Wake Me Up Foundation. I chose the latter as it offers a good coverage without being overly heavy, and it brightens my face which eliminates the need for any concealer. 
For cheeks I have picked some of my most favourite items. MACs Fleur Power blush and Soft and Gentle mineralize skinfinish is all that's needed for a fresh and healthy glow. A tiny touch of highlighter is all that's needed as the foundation does most of the most of the work.
I like to let my eyes do all the talking whilst still using natural, earthy tones. For my base, I have gone for Rimmel Scandaleyes shadow pencil in Bulletproof Beige. This is a super pretty pale gold which blends like a dream and creates the perfect canvas for shadows. The shadows that I have chosen is my beloved Stila In The Light Palette. Featuring a stunning selection of neutral shades, it is the perfect palette to take you from day to night and everything in between. I was also going to feature some falsies but if its hot weather, lashes are the last thing that I want to be fiddling with, so Benefits They're Real Mascara will be my mascara of choice.
Finally, I think that there is nothing better than a neutral lip to match all of these products and pull the look together. MACs Fanfare is the perfect choice for me as it is still nude but with a slight hint of colour to warm up the lips. It will be a great shade to take you right throughout the day.

What would be your Summer Wedding Guest Makeup choices? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thankyou for commenting beauty :)

I love to reply to all of the comments you leave, and I love reading them x