Saturday 31 May 2014

Current High Street/Drugstore Favourites

In my daily work makeup bag, there is an eclectic mix of both high end and high street makeup products, all of which I love. I'm not one to favour a particular price brand of makeup as I find that there are some real gems available which are very purse friendly, and some pricier products are pretty rubbish. In my new job, I am working with high end brands on a daily basis and so my makeup bag was starting to get full of their products, but I was concerned that I was forgetting some of my well loved high street favourites. For the past few weeks I have been rediscovering more and more of my beloved high street/drugstore favourite, and I thought that I would share them with you today...


First up we have Bourjois Happy Light Foundation which has been my go to base. This has been great at work as the strong artificial lighting used to wash me out or make my skin look dull and flat, but now it looks glowy and healthy when I use this. The coverage is medium but can be built up slowly to create the desired finish. Along with this, I have been loving the Seventeen Stay Time Concealer for my under eye circles and blemishes. This is such a lovely formula with a creamy and easy to blend texture. I use the shade medium but have just bought a slightly paler shade to use as a natural highlight.
Another Seventeen product in the form of the Brows That! brow kit. This features a tinted wax, brow powder and highlight, along with a small brush and brow pencil. I have quite a lot of brow products and this is one of my favourites, it's great for travelling and creates a really natural finish. For my eyes, I've been favouring something really simple, so have just been using a wash of Bootycall from Urban Decay N2 palette as my shadow and then adding a flick of Rimmel Glam Eyes Liquid Liner. This has been my favourite liquid liner for a very long time and will continue to be! To finish this off, I have been coating my lashes with a couple of coats of Soap and Glory Thick and Fast Mascara. This really makes my lashes look long and full, all whilst being a true black shade.
On my face I use a few different bronzers and alternate them daily so I didn't include one in this selection but I have included my favourite summer blush which is Peachy Cheeky from ELF. This is really stunning rose gold shade which really warms up my complexion and looks great with a tan. It also pairs extremely well with Makeup Revolution Vivid Baked Highlighter in Peach Lights. This very subtle highlighter looks as pretty on the skin as it does in the pan. It doesn't make me look like a disco ball at all but instead makes the high points of my face look glowing.

So there we have my current highstreet favourites. These have all made their way into my makeup bag for my weekend away, and will be staying in it for a while yet!
What is your favourite makeup products from the highstreet/drugstore?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thankyou for commenting beauty :)

I love to reply to all of the comments you leave, and I love reading them x