Friday 18 April 2014

ELF Shimmering Facial Whip in Lilac Petal

Another day, another post based around highlighters! I know that I posted about my favourite highlighters, like 2 minutes ago, but this product is too pretty not to mention. I placed an ELF order a few weeks ago and then another at the beginning of this week, oopsie. In my first order was this little beauty, and I've been loving it so far.


ELF Shimmering Facial Whip in Lilac Petal is described as multi use, whipped colourant. As far as descriptions go, it's definitely not the most creative, however it is spot on. When I first saw this, I was surprised at how tiny it was, but for £1.95 could I really complain? However, I literally need the teeniest amount for this to pack a punch. The packaging is a small, plastic tube which is pliable so that you can squeeze the product out. It has a thin, precise nozzle tip which makes application easy and also ensures that there is no wastage. Basic but practical.


I am always dubious about picking a shade online, especially if I have never seen it in person before. However, I don't think that you need worry because all of the shades are pretty subtle and can be used in a variety of ways, so you're bound to find that every shade will work for you. I picked the shade Lilac Petal as it seemed to be the ones that I would get the most wear out of, although I'm now lusting after the rest of them. Lilac Petal is a soft dusky pink with a silver/lilac sheen to it. It can be blended out to create a very subtle and natural glow, or layered to make a bold statement. 



The formula is pretty amazing for the price of them too. They are a little thicker than I expected, although this is definitely a good thing as it means less wastage. A little goes a very long way, so it's best to start with tiny amounts and build up the colour if you feel that you need to. I find it best to apply these to the tops of my cheekbones with a slight patting motion and then blend in circular motions, so that I can achieve the most natural finish. They dry down to a smooth, non-greasy finish and sit nicely on top of other base products without moving the product underneath. 

Overall, I really have enjoyed using this and will definitely be purchasing the other shades. I bought a few more bits from ELF so keep an eye out or reviews of those :)
Have you tried these?
Available from ELF Website, here.

1 comment:

  1. I love elf products!! This looks like something I might need :P

    sophierosee.com

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for commenting beauty :)

I love to reply to all of the comments you leave, and I love reading them x