Monday 3 March 2014

The Oscars 2014 Best Dressed: My Picks

The Oscars is undoubtedly the most coveted night of the year! The build up is so intense and the excitement about who is wearing what and who will win one those beautiful gold awards. Of course my favourite thing to see is all the beautiful dresses and dreaming of wearing them myself! So today's post is going to be a collection of my top picks from the biggest event on the Hollywood calender.


1: Lupita Nyong'o looked absolutely beautiful in a pastel blue gown that suited her perfectly. The simple cut and flow of the dress skimmed over her figure is what makes it so stand-out. The simplicity of it is what makes it so utterly stunning. If I were her, I would wear that Prada gown everyday of my life
2: Angelina Jolie can do no wrong in my eyes. She always looks chic and elegant, which makes me fall in love with her even more everytime! This Elie Saab beauty looks as though it was made especially for her as t hugs all the right places. The shade compliments her skin tone so well. I'm not jealous of her at all.
3:Jennifer Lawrence is my ultimate girl crush. Not only is she an ambassador of being real, she always looks perfect. Her orange peplum dress is so simple but the shade makes such a statement. It reminds me of one of my favourite lipsicks, MACs Morange.
4: Lady Gaga pretty much left me open mouthed. I was expecting something quirky and unwearable to the rest of us, but how wrong I was. Can we just take a moment to admire those curves? Everything from the detailing to the scarf is just perfection.
5: Kelly Osbourne got it absolutely right in my opinion. I have often slated what she has worn but this time, I find myself drooling over that beautiful dress. The elegance of the dress and the intricate gold bolero go perfectly together. If I had this figure, I would want something like this for my wedding, but I doubt my pennies would stretch that far.

So there are my top picks from this years Oscars ceremony. There were so many beautiful gowns this year that it was very hard to choose. I can only imagine that these were even more sunning in person. 
What were your picks for best dressed?

1 comment:

Thankyou for commenting beauty :)

I love to reply to all of the comments you leave, and I love reading them x