Tuesday 11 March 2014

Retro Makeup: 1920's Flapper Girl

At the weekend, whilst watching my current favourite TV show, Mr Selfridge, I had a little bit of a brainwave. I was thinking about my blog name and how I should have really put more thought into it when I first started. All the while, I was admiring the pretty makeup on the ladies in Mr.S and I came up with a new series. In honour of my blogs name, each week I am going to do a makup look based on different decades. I have always had a love of retro/vintage things so I'm really excited to be doing this series.

To kick things off, I have started with a 1920's Flapper Girl makeup. Before I started  did a little research into the sort of makeup that was worn in the 20's and it was quite interesting to say the least. I loved finding out about the brands that were around then and are still around now and the products that they had on the market. In fact, I really enjoyed reading about it all so I'm probably going to do a separate post on it all, to save this one from being really long. On to the make up look...


From the pictures that I saw and from the TV shows that I watched, this was the look I came up with. one thing I did notice was how bold the shades were, that were used, especially for a time when a females rights were not a high priority. The dark eyes and very red lips were what I really wanted to capture, along with the porcelain skin, something very different to my everyday look.
Products used:
Rimmel Match Perfect in 103 True Ivory. This is a few shades lighter than my normal foundation, so it worked well.
MAC Coquette Eyeshadow for my brows. 
Sleek Au Naturel Palette. Shades Toast, Regal and Noir.
Urban Decay Zero 24/7 Liner
MAC Opulash Mascara
MUA Creme Blush in Dolly
MAC Russian Red Lipstick
NYX Clear Gloss

I had so much fun doing this and really like the way it came out. I can't wait to do the other looks for this series!
Dont forget to enter my Blog Birthday Giveaway Here!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thankyou for commenting beauty :)

I love to reply to all of the comments you leave, and I love reading them x