Monday 24 February 2014

The Wedding Series: #1 Where To Start

I've been thinking about starting a wedding series on my little blog for a while but I wasn't too sure if people would find them boring. It turns out that quite a lot of you were interested in it, after asking on twitter, so here we are. I thought that I would share our wedding planning journey every step of the way and I might even film a couple of YouTube videos along the way.

Okay, so I'm sure that many of you will know that on Christmas Eve 2013, me and Olly got engaged. I was completely surprised and over the moon, along with being extremely excited to start planning. Like most females, I had a good idea of what I wanted for our big day. Putting these plans into action though is another matter! So this "Where To Start" post is going to be all the things that I have learnt, realised, and been told since being engaged.



First things first, shout it from the rooftops! My Mum, Dad and Brother were all present when Olly proposed so we informed his immediate family (most of whom knew his plans anyway) and then we told all of our friends. This was the easy part. Starting to actually plan the wedding is difficult on another level though. I never really thought of how much there was to think about! there are quite a few things that need to be done before anything else, even before looking at a dress which is literally the most exciting thing in the world!

After a good chat with my mum, we decided that there needs to be three areas that need to be done with each other n mind. These are a budget, a venue and a guest list. The budget can be quite a delicate matter, but long story short, you need to be 100% sure of what your absolute maximum is. Also, don't be afraid to ask if and what other people will be contributing, because this can really make all the difference. It will also help when deciding on a venue. We are yet to find our venue but we have appointments to go and view some. By having your budget in place, you will know exactly what sort of venue you can afford, and you will be able to ensure that you are getting absolutely the best venue for your big day. It helps to have a provisional guest list worked out so that you can inform the venue from the start, how many people you will be expecting to be there. It's no use having a guest list of 100 people and having a venue that can only fit 80 people. So, those are my three things that will get you started on your wedding planning journey. 

I'm really looking forward to continue with these posts and sharing our wedding journey with you all. It's such an exciting time and I can tell that writing about it is going to be one of my favourite posts to do. If you have any tips and tricks for wedding planning, or have a particular post you would like to see then just let me know :)

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thankyou for commenting beauty :)

I love to reply to all of the comments you leave, and I love reading them x