Friday 20 December 2013

Christmas Eve Traditions

Last year, I posted about the traditions that my family has, right through the festive period, which you can read here :). I thought that this year I would share the traditions that we have specifically on Christmas Eve. So here we go...

Image Courtesy of  weheartit

As I mentioned in the previous Christmas Traditions post, we always without fail have a Chinese takeaway. I know it's not particularly festive, but it's something we have always done and something that I always look forward to. Now that I don't live at home, I get really excited about sitting around the table with my Mum, Dad, Brother and Boyfriend with good food and drink.

This is another one that I have mentioned before, but it is new PJ's. I thought this was quite a common thing to do, but it turns out that most people I have asked about it, don't do this. I love buying new PJ's and not wearing them until Christmas Eve. They definitely have to be festive and cosy, and are even better if they have been left on the radiator for an hour or two before putting them on.

As my dad has the day off work, we always make sausage rolls. We've done this for years and years, and I love being able to spend some quality time with my dad. It's also lovely being able to be able to give little treats to the family.

For the past few years, me and my friends from high school have always met up in the afternoon for a drink at the village pub. We all went to different Universities around the country, so it's always nice to have a little catch up and see how everyone's doing.

So I know that this is not my typical sort of post, but I thought that it would be a nice break from beauty related posts. I hope that you have enjoyed, and I would love to know what your traditions are :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thankyou for commenting beauty :)

I love to reply to all of the comments you leave, and I love reading them x