Wednesday 12 June 2013

Seventeen On The Spot Foundation

Hi, my names Katie and I'm a foundation hoarder. Seriously, I needed another foundation like a hole in the head. I just can't help myself. Today's offering is the lastest foundation from Seventeen, a brand that most are aware of, and it has some pretty big claims!

Seventeen On The Spot Foundation


The On The Spot Foundation claims to give clearer skin in just 4 weeks. The idea of this confused me. As a child, my Grandma always used to say don't wear too much makeup because it will ruin my skin. As always she was right. So how can it be that wearing makeup can actually clear your skin of blemishes?! Well this particular foundation contains Salicylic Acid, which is a common ingredient in many products which help in clearing problem skin.
Seventeen On The Spot Foundation

When applying this foundation it was soon clear that you have to work extremely quickly to get an even finish. I found that you have to apply this in small areas at first rather that dotting about your face, and working with a buffing brush helped with the quick application. As for it's claims to be full coverage, I thought it was a little short of "full". It's definitely buildable but not full coverage. It does cover blemishes and dark circles but I still had to apply a little concealer for them to be fully covered. It sits well on the face, given a satin finish. However, leaving the house without a powder would be a big mistake. I do have oily skin, but I had to powder after 2 hours of wearing this. 

Seventeen On The Spot FoundationAs for clearing my skin, I have seen some improvement but only with tiny blemishes. If you suffer from anything more than the odd pimple, I don't think this would be of any benefit but it is always worth a try.

Overall, I do like this but I'm not in love with it. With that being said, it is a drugstore/highstreet foundation and when you take that into consideration, I think it's a good product. For £6.99 you really can't grumble. I would also, definitely suggest going into store and finding a shade rather than shopping online, as the shade range is very limited.

Have you tried this foundation? What is your favourite drug store foundation?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thankyou for commenting beauty :)

I love to reply to all of the comments you leave, and I love reading them x