Wednesday 5 June 2013

Selfridges Summer Beauty Box

Selfridges is one of my favourite places in the world. Especially the Beauty Hall, surprise surprise. I love everything that they have to offer and it's rare that I leave empty handed. Cast your minds back to just before Christmas, when the Selfridges  Beauty Lucky Bag were realised, I quickly snapped one up. Cue disappointment. I then swore that I would never buy anything like that again from Selfridges. Enter the Summer Beauty Box.

Selfridges Summer Beauty Box

This particular box is exclusives to Selfridges and was available throughout May on their website. The cost of the box was £25 with the total value of the products inside totalling a whopping £70. Every box was the same, so here's what was included...

Selfridges Summer Beauty Box

Tangle Teezer Aqua Splash:
I was super pleased to receive this as I've always wanted to use a Tangle Teezer. My hair is really long and thick, so it does get matted really easily. When I'm on holiday I wear my hair up in the day time because the chlorine and sand, etc makes it really tough. So, this will be welcome in my beach bag on holiday so that I can brush my hair as the day goes on.

Molton Brown Templetree Bath and Shower Gel:
I've never tried anything from Molton Brown, so I was really excited to try this. The scent is amazing, and it's a decent size bottle. Expect a full review of this soon.

Jane Tran Hair Clips:
I remember wearing these sort of clips when I was in primary school! I never ever thought I would be wearing them at the age of 20! That said, I think these will come in useful on my holidays when my hair needs pulling back, but I can't see me wearing them any other time.

Lancaster Tan Maximiser:
On holiday, I always use after sun so this sort of product is nothing new. However, I do love the thought of having my tan prolonged! This smells divine, one sniff and I'm whisked off to a tropical Caribbean beach!

Erborian BB Cream:
This is a brand that I have heard of but never really come across (if that makes sense?). Erborian is a Korean brand and we all know that the Korean know a thing or two about BB Creams, so I'm definitely looking forward to giving this a whirl.

Models Own Nail Polish in Bubblegum:
If you cant wear neon pink nail polish in the summer, when can you ey? I've applied this to my toes and really enjoyed it. It does have a matte finish so is different to my other neons, but a lovely edition nonetheless.

St.Tropez Instant Glow Face Lotion and In Store Offer:
I'm a big lover of fake tanning, but have never actually tried St.Tropez. I'm really looking forward to testing this out and to see just how well it works. However, the in-store offer is a little misleading as I thought it was for a free spray tan at Selfridges (I should have guessed really, because this definitely sounds too good to be true!). It is infact for a free limited edition beach bag when a full priced spray tan is purchased. Did anyone else think this was misleading?

Bumble and Bumble Surf Spray:
I've tried a few texture sprays, and all of them have left me underwhelmed. I have heard great things about Bumble and Bumble so I will definitely give this a go and hopefully it will change my mind on texture hair sprays.

Caudalie Beauty Elixir:
A firm favourite amongst beauty bloggers everywhere, and another cult product I have yet to try. I've heard plenty a rave review about this, and with the warm weather finally making an appearance, I think the refreshing spray will become a love of mine.

So, that's everything in the box. I'm sure that you'll agree that this is amazing value for £25 plus postage. The total of the box comes in at over £70 so it is a pretty good deal that you are getting.
I'm really, really impressed with this box, and it definitely is a marked improvement on the lack lustre lucky bags they previously released. 
Unfortunately, these were Limited Edition and are now unavailable. However, I'm sure Selfridges will continue to release Limited Edition boxes so keep an eye out on the Selfridges website.

Did you order this box? What is your favourite item?

1 comment:

  1. The more I see this, the more I want it xx

    http://beautyqueenuk.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for commenting beauty :)

I love to reply to all of the comments you leave, and I love reading them x