Thursday 30 May 2013

Summer Reading

I love a good book. I love the smell of a new book. I love picking a new book. I love book shops. I just love books. From a very young age, reading was a passion of mine and one that has continued to stick with me right throughout the years. Recently, I noticed that I had been reading less fiction and more non-fiction (hello, University textbooks) but since I have finished at uni, I have had more time to get my nose back into the stories that I love. Here's what I'll  be reading this summer...


Starting with The Life of Pi by Yann Martel. I bought this early on in the year but set it to one side whilst dissertation and exams took over my life. I'm about halfway through this at the minute, and so far its been a tough read. It wasn't what I was expecting at all but I will report back once I've finished. I haven't seen the film yet as I didn't want to ruin the book.

The book I'm most excited is The Fault In Our Stars  by John Green. I've seen so many outstanding reviews of this that I knew I needed to read it. I'm hoping that I'm going to enjoy it so much that I will read John Green's other amazing reads. I have also heard that its a bit of a tear jerker so I definitely can't read this until have got some tissues.

The final two books are ones that I have read time and time again, and will continue to do so. Khaled Hosseini is without a doubt my most favourite author and both The Kite Runner and A Thousand Splendid Suns are just perfection. I first read The Kite Runner whilst doing my English Literature ALevel and since then there is a special place in my heart for it. A Thousand Splendid Suns is such a compelling story that I could envisage it all in my head, which to me is the sign of an amazing author. I cannot wait for my copy of And The Mountains Echoed to arrive, as I'm sure it will be amazing.

So, these are the books I'm going to be depending on throughout the whole summer. I personally don;t think you can beat the feel of a new book, or the smell, which is why I haven't purchased a Kindle or why I don't use iBooks on my iPad. I'd love to know what reads you're loving at the minute, and any other recommendations you might have.

3 comments:

  1. I adore A Thousand Splendid Suns. Its one of my favorite books, and one I could read again and again.

    xoxo
    jessica
    from
    www.thecrownwings.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi katie,
    I love the kite runner it is an amazing book I could not put it down I have not read his second book but will do he is a very talented author

    ReplyDelete
  3. Did not know he has written his third book am behind

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for commenting beauty :)

I love to reply to all of the comments you leave, and I love reading them x