Wednesday 22 May 2013

Chester Zoo

Yesterday, I was treated to a very wonderful day out to Chester Zoo. My boyfriend, Olly, had decided that as it was his day off from work we would do something rather than just sitting at home and watching TV. He also said that it would get me out of the house after days of searching for a graduate job. So off we went early in the morning to get the train from Manchester to Chester for our animal adventure.

I was really excited, probably more than a 20 year old should be about going to the Zoo but I LOVE animals. Where I come from there isn't many places like Zoo's or wildlife places so I have only ever been to London and Chester Zoo. When Olly told me that this is where he was going to take me, I researched everything about it, like what attractions they have, what animals I could expect to see, amongst other things. I had already decided exactly what I wanted to see.

The range of animals is AMAZING! There is no other word to describe the range they have. When I went to London Zoo a few years ago, all I wanted to see was an elephant to tick it off my bucket list but they don't have them. This dream came true yesterday. Not only did I see an elephant, but I saw a family of elephants, including a tiny one year old. Cutest. Animal. Ever. Many of the animals they have at Chester Zoo are extremely endangered or extinct in the wild, so the zoologists at the Zoo have put into place some breeding and replenishment programmes so that numbers of these beautiful animals can be increased. Because of these programmes, I got to see some animals that I would never have the chance to see anywhere else, such as Red Pandas, Black Rhinos, Chimpanzees, Spectacled Bears, Sumatran Tigers, and many many more. I think I should also add that, I understand that some people think that Zoo's are cruel and that animals should be left in the wild, but the way that they are looked after at Chester Zoo is second to none and right from the second of entry it was clear that the employees all have a passion for animals and wildlife.
Chester Zoo

Chester Zoo

Chester Zoo

Chester Zoo

Chester Zoo

If you are thinking of visiting or want a new idea for a day out then I would definitely recommend Chester Zoo, especially if you have children as it was definitely one of the most educational and interactive days that I've had. The experience was just amazing and is definitely one that I'll never forget. I would also suggest wearing extremely comfortable shoes as it a huge place so a lot of walking is inevitable and take a picnic as food and drink was quite expensive. 

I hope you've enjoyed this different post today, and that it has given you an idea for a day trip. If you would like more information you can visit the Official Website here.

*All pictures are my own taken on 21/05/2013*

Bloglovin / Facebook / She Said Beauty / Twitter / Instagram
P.S Due to the demise of GFC I would love it if you could follow me on any of the above sites as I don't want to lose any you :)

7 comments:

  1. Ahh i love Chester Zoo, i've not been in ages! I was really disappointed with London Zoo when i went a few years ago, i think Chester Zoo is so much better!
    Natalie xx
    youralmostalice.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I definitely like Chester zoo better too! X

      Delete
  2. I Love Love Love Chester Zoo! the elephants are one of the highlights. Thanks for commenting on my blog lovely xx

    OutsideBeautyInsideHealth

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The elephants were definitely my favourite animals x

      Delete
  3. I love going to zoos, I love tigers especially! Cute pictures xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh the elephants are so cute :) found you on the bbloggers chat and had to follow! xx

    haley-wood.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for commenting beauty :)

I love to reply to all of the comments you leave, and I love reading them x