Sunday 11 November 2012

The Beauty Bloggers Tag

Hello Lovelies,

A few days ago I saw that the very lovely Sophia from Tattoed Tealady had created a tag just for us beauty bloggers. It's nice to finally have a tag that is blogger appropriate, as opposed to those YouTube Tags that are always flying about.

So without further ado, here are my answers to the tag questions...


Why did you start blogging and how long have you been blogging for?
I actually started a blog a few years ago and I never stuck to it, then this year I decided that I would get back into it again, it was part of my new years resolution to take up a new hobby. I had no idea I would love it as much as I do. I've been blogging for a few months now, and whilst it has been a slow process of trial and error, I really feel like I've found my niche and I couldn't imaging not doing it now.

Whose blog did you fall in love with first?
Like most other bloggers, I started reading very popular blogs at first. i think it started by wanting a review of a product and after googling it, I found some amazing blogs written by some amazing ladies. I think the very first one I read religiously was Louise from Sprinkle of Glitter and after that I was finding more and more that I loved and still love to this day.

What was the first blogosphere hyped about product you bought and was it worth the hype?
I think the very first product I bought after reading all the hype was the Revlon Lip Butters, I thought they were amazing and couldnt wait to have one. I'm not sure I still feel the same way about them now. I also bought a MAC Mineralize Skinfinish, I think they were quite highly blogged about.

What are your favourite five things about blogging and being a beauty blogger?
Firstly, I love that I can finally have somewhere/someone to talk about my obsession with. Whenever I went shopping with friends, they just didn't understand why I had to have that lipstick, or why I really wanted to try that bronzer. So having this little area of the internet has been a sort of release for me.

I love the whole blogging community. I've met some lovely people, and made some wonderful friends through blogging. Its great to have another circle of friends who share the same interest as you.

It's amazing how many new brands I've been introduced to since starting blogging. Some brands, I would never have thought of when browsing online or shopping in town, but now, some of them have become my go to.

One of my most favourite things about beauty blogging it that I've really learnt that everyone is different. Obviously, I've always known that. but when it comes to beauty, just because someone has raved about one thing, doesn't mean that I'm going to love it too. The same goes for brands, just because one brand does something differently from another doesn't mean that its going to be any better than others. It's just a name after all.

Finally, I love how easy blogging is. I thought I would really struggle with things to write, but I've come to learn that if I write like I would talk to my friends, then I can't really go wrong. Just be yourself.

What have you learnt from being a beauty blogger?
I've learnt the most about brands. I was always a bit of a drugstore/highstreet girl at heart, always lusting after high end brands. Now I know that it's ok to have cheaper products, and every now and then treat myself to a high end product.

Have you changed anything since being a beauty blogger?
My skincare routine has probably changed the most. I never used to bother really, but now I do take a lot of care when looking after my skin. My makeup application has changed too, I actually know what I'm doing now!

What advice would you give to a beauty blogger just starting out?
Go for it! Just be yourself, and don't worry about what other bloggers are writing. If you love a product, write that in your review/post, but don't be afraid to say you don't like something if you didn't. Also, try and interact with fellow bloggers, you'll make some friends for life, and learn some amazing things.

Name your top five brands!
MAC, Soap and Glory, Urban Decay, Rimmel and Essie have become big favourites of mine since beauty blogging. I haven't a bad product or experience from any of these brands yet.

Recommend your top five favourite beauty products!
I'm in love with my MAC Mineralize Skinfinish Natural for that perfect finish. The Kate Moss for Rimmel lipstcks are such good value for a great product. Urban Decays Naked palettes are beautiful and well worth the money so are definitely on my recommend list. Niveas original moisturiser is a god send on cold winter days. Finally, Lush Bath Bombs and Bubble bars are all thats needed for an exciting and stress relief bath time.

Tag other beauty bloggers to do this tag!
I tag all my lovely followers, and anyone else who wants to do this tag, its been so much fun to do!

So that's it! I really enjoyed doing this tag, it was a great way to think back over my blogging life. Big thanks to Sophia for creating this tag :)

If you've done this tag, please link it in the comments, I'd love to read yours :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thankyou for commenting beauty :)

I love to reply to all of the comments you leave, and I love reading them x