Tuesday 2 October 2012

Sleek Shangri-La Palette: Respect

I'm absolutely in love with Sleek palettes, and can honestly say that they do hold pride of place in my makeup collection.

This week saw the launch of the Sleek Shangri-La collection (PPQ Collection) which consists of two palettes and two matte lip colours. I've picked up the Respect palette first, but I'm pretty sure that I will buy the other palette, Supreme, this week too. 

So the Respect palette is full of neutral hues with oranges, reds and corals thrown in for good measure. This is a really versatile palette, as it allows for neutral, simple eyes, or for those who like to be a little more adventurous, the brights are perfect for that. Some of the pinks/reds can also be used for blusher. Top Tip!

The colours are inspired by "classic Motown sounds", which channel a soft 60's vibe, something that becomes really obvious when you read the shade names.

As usual with the Sleek palettes, the shimmer based colours are much more soft and pigmented than the matte shades. However, the mattes in this palette are some of the best that I've come across from Sleek, still a little on the chalky side, but certainly improved from previous palettes.









The Palettes are available from Superdrugs at £7.99 or from the Sleek website for £11.99. On Sleeks website you can also buy the whole collection for £22.98.



3 comments:

  1. The palettes are amazing! that quality for £8...I own so many, there was a time when these palettes use to sell out the day they went it store!!

    p.s I love your header!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. ahh thankyou lovely :) This one hase become my new favourite, there was only one left when i went into superdrug yesterday and I called in today to pick one up for a friend but they had sold out xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those colours look gorgeous, especially the plummy one. I still haven't tried any Sleek makeup palettes yet

    Danielle xx

    missdanielle.com

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for commenting beauty :)

I love to reply to all of the comments you leave, and I love reading them x