Wednesday 3 October 2012

Look Beauty Single Eyeshadows

Only this week have I dipped into the pool of Look Beauty and I'm wishing that I had done it sooner!! Firstly, I picked up one of their lipsticks first and was instantly in love so the next day I went back to their stand in Superdrug to see what I could get my hands on this time..

I noticed that their single eyeshadows were half price at £2 each, so like a moth to a flame I reached out amongst all of the wonderful colours and picked my favourites of the bunch. I ended up picking seven different shades so here they are...


Gillet and Ash:
First, Gillet is a matte nude colour that I thought would be perfect for sweeping right the way over my lids. It does have a slight yellow undertone that only comes to light when applied onto the eye, so is best approached with the less is more option.

Ash is an unusual colour for me but may be pretty standard to others. It's a cool toned grey that looks lovely applied into the crease for a transitional colour on a smokey eye.



LBD, Satchel and Cami:
LBD is the perfect shimmer black for those who like their smokey eyes to pop. This does have silvery blue undertones so does have the tendency to look more like a dark silver rather than black but nonetheless, still a beautiful colour. Very similar to MAC Knight Divine shadow.

Satchel is a deep chocolate brown colour that will look lovely with blue eyes. This has slightly chunkier particles of glitter/shimmer that are silver and a paler brown colour. Because it is less finely milled, it does get quite bit of fall out so is best to add a tiny bit at a time.

Cami is a perfect highlight colour or all over lid colour for those who want a sheer wash of colour. A champagne/pale peach colour that looks beautiful placed on the inner corner or the brow bone. On my skin tone this a very very pale peach, but on darker skin tones I imagine it would look slightly iridescent.


Satchel and Taffeta:
Satchel is a mid toned chocolate brown colour that has a matte finish to it. For me this is far to dark to apply all over my lid for a neutral look so I like to apply this in my crease, to create a great transitional colour for any colour that I may put on the lid. A great alternative to MAC Swiss Chocolate.

Finally, Taffeta is a dark matte brown which can be blended out into a very subtly sheer wash of colour for those who want to wear this on the entire lid. I like to apply this into the outer v of my eye along with Satchel in the crease, to create a lovely neutral smokey eye.

The texture of these eyeshadows are quite varied as with most other brands, the matte shadows are more firm and a slightly less pigmented. The shimmer based shadows are very soft and kind of spongy in texture but are extremely pigmented. Due to their texture, the shimmer based shadows are prone to fall out so it is best to apply them slowly, and bit by bit.

Overall, these shadows are extremely worth the money at £4 each and I will definitely buy more as they had such a wide variety of colours! 

These are currently on offer at Superdrugs for £2 each.

Have you tried any of these shadows? Or any of Look beautys other products?









No comments:

Post a Comment

Thankyou for commenting beauty :)

I love to reply to all of the comments you leave, and I love reading them x