Monday 23 April 2012

MUA 3 in 1 contour liner

Been a massive MUA fan I couldn't wait to get my hands on these. I didn't want to buy online as I wanted to see them in person before I decided if I was going to buy them or not. But as always, my local superdrug let me down with only a very few, grubby products left. 

The outer packaging doesn' have the shade name on it which kinda gets on my nerves!
When I managed to get some I couldn't decide between all of the colours, eventually I settled for Gunmetal and Smoked Plum. These are advertised to give big bold eyes, a soft and sultry look or definition for a dramatic finish. The different angles of the liner allow for you to create all of these different looks. 

Unfortunately, I don't like these as an eyeliner. I find the formula of these very waxy and when they go onto the lid, the colour doesn't transfer as well as it does when swatched. I also couldn't get to grips with the way that you can use these in different was as the liner itself didnt seem to want to work when used in different ways. Hmmm.

Charcoal and Smoked Plum
However, all is not lost with these as they do make great eyeshadow bases. I used mine as a little experiment to be honest but it worked like a freakin dream. No creasing, long lasting, vibrant colour. What more could you want?

At £1.50 I would buy these again in other colours, but I wouldn't use them for their intended purpose. 



Have you tried any of these? Any other products on the market that are similar? Let me know lovelies :)

2 comments:

  1. i love this little review!
    i swatched the original liners, the liquid ones, but they were very flakey and runny it just wasnt okay tbh. atleast these can be put to good use!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thankyou! The actual pencil liners aren't too bad ones once they've been used a few times. These are pretty good for the money, but I'm still on the hunt for that perfect liner :)

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for commenting beauty :)

I love to reply to all of the comments you leave, and I love reading them x